The policies below are applicable to SRM Youth Watch at the Website located at www.srmyouthwatch.org
What Information We Collect
As a general matter, you can browse the Website without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we collect your personal information:
● When you sign up to receive e-mail newsletters from us;
● When you participate in surveys, panels, or research;
● When you comment on the Website;
● When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events;
● When you request information or assistance;
● In conjunction with processing your employment inquiries or applications;
● When you participate with social media accounts involving SRM Youth Watch properties;
● When you participate in communities, chat rooms, and other interactive services;
● In conjunction with any verification of your account information;
● In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the Website' terms and conditions;
● When you communicate with us through the Website;
● When you provide user-generated content on any part of the Websites that permits it; and
● In conjunction with any other place on the Website where you knowingly volunteer personal information.
When you interact with any SRM Youth Watch page or account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, or Pinterest, or when you use your social media account or credentials to log in to the Websites, we may also collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or through that account, including your account ID or "handle. "In addition, when you interact with the Website, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually ("Non-Personal Information"). Generally, we collect the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
● We may collect certain demographic data such as age, gender, and five-digit zip code as part of collecting personal information;
● We collect and store certain device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Websites. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
● We automatically log certain usage information about your use of the Websites. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to gather statistics;
● We collect and store additional "traffic data" such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring Websites addresses; and
● We collect and store your search terms and search results.
● We also collect and store certain other information regarding our users' use of the Websites so that third parties may provide us with reports and analysis regarding usage and browsing patterns of the Websites.
How We Combine Your Information
We may combine information gathered from the Websites and information that we have received, gathered, acquired, or stored from other sources, both information collected offline by the SRM Youth Watch and information received from third parties—including information that currently exists in our files—into a single customer record. We also use and/or combine information that we collect offline or receive from third-party sources (e.g., contact information from government funders or grantor information) to edit, enhance, and/or check the accuracy of your customer record.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Websites and with SRM Youth Watch. We use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
● For editorial purposes;
● Responding to your inquiries;
● Communicating with you about your account or transactions with us and sending you information about features on our Website or about SRM Youth Watch
● Communicating with you about changes to our policies; Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, and events by e-mail or another medium;
● Processing your employment application;
● Event or program registration;
● Optimizing or improving our programs, services, and operations;
● Research and development;
● Verifying your account and account activities;
● Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
● Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Websites and their usage patterns; and
● Managing SRM Youth Watch
How We Share Your Information
SRM Youth Watch adheres to the highest standards of ethical practices in all our operations and is dedicated to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our Websites. Except as disclosed below, we don't sell, barter, give away, rent, or permit anyone outside SRM Youth Watch to use or access your personal information and in all cases we only share your personal information where it is in the legitimate interest of furthering the awareness raising and learning aims of SRM Youth Watch.
We occasionally use independent contractors and third-party agents, affiliates, and partners to perform functions such as marketing, analytics, providing customer service, etc., on our behalf. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personal information collected from the Websites. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing, or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to SRM Youth Watch.
We may also use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Websites; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Websites, or our users; and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, our agents, or the users of the Websites or the public.
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Like some Websites, we may use web beacons or flash cookies. A web beacon or flash cookie (also known as an "action tag," "tracer tag," or "single-pixel GIF") is an invisible graphic on a web page or e-mail newsletter that is programmed to collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of a given Website or newsletter, e.g., whether you opened the e-mail. Like cookies, web beacons allow SRM Youth Watch and its technology providers to summarize overall usage patterns for our analysis and provide personalized services to you. We do not share or provide personally identifiable information we may collect through such web beacons, such as names or e-mail addresses, without your express permission.
SRM Youth Watch strives to protect the transmission and storage of any information submitted by visitors to the Website. But no transmission and storage of data is completely secure, and submissions are at your sole risk.
The General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") is a European Regulation concerning the use and processing of personal information. We are committed to processing your information in compliance with the GDPR upon its effectiveness on May 25, 2018.
We will use reasonable efforts to securely process all personal information in line with the rights specified under the GDPR, in particular those related to the following requests:
● Access to your personal information;
● Correction of the personal information that we hold;
● Deletion of your personal information;
● A restriction of processing of your personal information;
● Transfer of your personal information to another party; or
● Objection to processing of your personal information based on Carnegie Council's legitimate interest (or those of a third party) to use it and there is something about your particular situation that causes you to object to such processing.
We consider that SRM Youth Watch has a legitimate interest in collecting and processing your information. SRM Youth Watch is an educational, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that produces lectures, publications, and multimedia materials on the ethical challenges, science, governance and stakeholders perspectives of solar radiation modification (SRM) technologies. SRM Youth Watch is committed to catalysing learning and raising awareness on the need for young people globally to build their capacity to engage in governance discussions on solar radiation modification, also known as solar geoengineering. This provides our lawful basis to use your personal information, within the limitations set forth herein.
Questions and comments should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or requests regarding this policy, if you would like to change your preferences, if you no longer wish to receive e-mail updates from SRM Youth Watch, or if you believe that SRM Youth Watch has erroneous or incomplete information about you, please send an e-mail to email@example.com